Legit.ng, a leading digital media in Nigeria and the biggest Facebook publisher in Africa, is looking for an experienced copyeditor/proofreader to join our editorial department.WHAT TO DO:
- Proofreading and fixing at least 50 articles per day (approximately 20 000 words) during working hours;
- Ensuring that the best editorial practices and company standards are being followed carefully;
- Double-check that names, places and organisations are spelt properly and that facts, dates and statistics are accurate;
- Suggest changes to enhance articles’ readability, conciseness and style, sending writers an explanation of a mistake;
- Check illustrations and captions are correct;
- Checking grammar and spelling in social leads and headlines in Facebook posts.
- Organising training sessions for editors to improve their performance
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flawless command of the English language is essential, including grammar, spelling, punctuation and semantics;
- Independence and dedication as this is a hybrid position (most of working time you can work remotely);
- Good communication skills;
- This is a work-from-home position that will require a laptop or PC, as well as a reliable and stable internet connection;
- This is a full time position, Monday to Friday (9am to 6pm);
- Expertise in the local and world news media industry would be an advantage.
- This is your chance to join a friendly and highly skilled team.
- Professional growth is guaranteed.
- You will receive monthly performance reviews and feedback from a copyeditor and managing editor, access to analytics and project KPIs.
- Regular training sessions.
- The competitive salary.
- Possibility of paid extra shifts.
- If you have not received any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.