Legit is one of the largest media companies. We have created unique digital media projects in African and Asian developing markets. Every day we share quality news, entertainment and video content with 30+ million people living in different parts of the world.Legit.ng
, one of the brand’s African projects, is seeking a Junior Journalist
ready to produce high-quality content and contribute to our site's brand recognition.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain a network of reliable sources/experts to gather firsthand information.
- Identify and reach out to experts: You will actively search for subject matter experts, researchers, academics, industry professionals, and thought leaders relevant to the topics covered by our team.
- Conduct short interviews: Schedule and conduct interviews with experts, ensuring that their comments align with our content requirements.
- Research and fact-check: Assist in researching background information about the topics and experts being featured.
Your day-to-day work will be focused on establishing a network of experts, pitching questions to gather comments and adding them to our stories.
Through email, social media phone calls, and other communication channels, you will establish connections and will be responsible for preparing insightful questions, guiding the conversation, and capturing valuable quotes and comments.
Collaborate with our editorial team to ensure that all comments are factually accurate, add value and are contextually relevant.REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a news reporter or journalist.
- Exceptional writing, grammar and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong understanding of journalistic principles, including fact-checking and source verification.
- Ability to work remotely (good internet connection and a laptop, minimum Intel Core i3).
- Must be a self-driven individual with a strong desire to constantly learn, adapt and work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to use social media, PC, and Google services effectively.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- (will be a plus) Network of reliable sources and experts in various fields.
- (will be a plus) Basic knowledge of Slack, Trello, Canva, and any CMS.
This position offers a fantastic chance to enhance your journalistic skills, build a strong professional network, and contribute to high-impact media projects..Legit is a unique place for development and growth:
Our company is built on the ability to find the best people and create unique conditions for them;
A solid and enthusiastic team - you will have the opportunity for knowledge sharing, learning, and professional self-development;
Exciting and challenging tasks in the global media project.Join our team!