Legit.ng, a leading digital media in Nigeria and the biggest Facebook publisher in Africa is looking for an experienced Current Affairs and Politics Editor to join our Editorial team.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring trending current affairs and political stories on the social media.
- Writing and publishing current affairs and political stories in line with our in-house style guide.
- Conducting interviews and writing special format articles i.e. feature, analysis, fact-check, etc..
- Degree or Higher Diploma (in journalism/media studies or related field will be an advantage).
- Considerable experience in journalism and feature writing.
- Ability to identify, gather and verify newsworthy information
- Perfect writing skills; narration and good grammar.
- Great editorial judgment and quality news monitoring skills.
- Impeccable communication and interviewing skills: both written and verbal.
- Must be a strategic and analytical thinker.
- Must be swift in news gathering and assembling of findings into news stories
- Must be a self-driven individual with a strong desire to constantly learn, adaptand work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work remotely (good internet connection and a laptop, minimum Intel Core i3).
- Must be able to use social media effectively.
- Staying updated to monitor news trend and in-depth knowledge of current affairs.