• Produce high-quality and engaging content for the politics and current affairs desk.
• Use sources, documents, computer-assisted reporting, and other journalistic tools to develop, report, and write exclusive/unique stories.
• Do fact-checking of articles.
• Build a network of contacts to ensure you get the best scoops.
• Enforce style guidelines and best practices for structured content.
• Edit contents to ensure that articles published fairly represent both sides of a political issue.
• Degree in journalism/media studies or related fields.
• Must have adequate knowledge about politics / current affairs issues in Nigeria, Africa, and globally.
• Considerable experience in journalism and writing political stories.
• Have vast access to newsworthy contacts and political sources.
• Perfect writing skills; narration and good grammar.
• Should possess a reliable laptop or computer.
• Have access to a trustworthy internet network.
• Strategic and analytical thinker.
• Workaholic and ability to go the extra mile.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.